Monday, February 6, 2012

The Fisherman's Guide to Life: A 2012 Reading Challenge Book (#8)

This year the goal is to read 60 books on a variety of subject matter--fiction, non-fiction, philosophy, theology, the environment, pop culture, science, etc.
To see my progress or check my other reviews click the page link above entitled, "2012 Reading Challenge"
 
1996, Walnut Grove Press
 The Fisherman's Guide to Life: Nine Timeless Principles Based on the Lessons of Fishing by Criswell Freeman

Review
OK, so this felt a little like cheating. I read it while on the stationary bike today in 30 minutes. But I needed it, and it's full of so many great pearls of wisdom that, screw it, I don't really feel bad at all. The book is a collection of quotes from philosophers, fisherman, and other authorities. Some I'd heard; many were brand new. Basically, after 30 minutes of this I was ready to break out the rod and reel.

Recommendation
This is the kind of thing fisherman should have in the boat for when the fish aren't biting. It's just good. There's not much else to it.

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment