Monday, February 7, 2011

Hymn Bracket notes

A group of several Luther Seminary students put together a "mock" hymn bracket in the last week. I wasn't involved, but I did obtain a copy of the initial seeding. There are certain hymns that I think are just about in the right position, others that I think are under or over seeded, but that's kind of the fun in it. There has been some buzz around this and the semester hasn't started yet, which is rather exciting. I talked to one professor who wants to put together a hymn sing, there was a facebook group created aimed against A Mighty Fortress winning Hymn Bracket, and ELCA's Outdoor Ministries has been advertising it. Pretty fantastic stuff. Throw in Lost and Found nominating their favorite hymns, as well as pastors and church musicians and I am stoked. Nominations are still possible through Friday at Hymn Bracket Nominations


As of right now we have 58 people nominating. That number should go up some this week as the paper nominations start in the OCC. I'm quite content with the level of interest. Less than a week until the bracket is revealed!

No comments:

Post a Comment