Thursday, November 14, 2013

The only thing you really need to know

This has been a rough week in our little corner of NW Minnesota.

And, frankly, the more words I use to say this the more it risks getting lost, so I just want to put it our there: You are loved. Whoever you are. It does not matter. And it's not only my love, because my love really isn't all that special. But let's start there: I love you. Now, you're freaked out. OK, freaked out is better than not knowing you're loved, so I'll take that hit. Now, let's go a step further: There are others much closer to you who love you too; they should probably say it, but some won't. It's just who they are. But it's not even their love that truly matters. I mean, we're all human: we love you, but we also love french fries. The love that matters is much deeper than mine or yours. It's this kind of love:

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39).

I realize those are just words (and pretty simple ones at that), but on a day when I'm emotionally exhausted (and you very well might be too), it's hopefully enough.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Pastor. God gave us something special when He put you in our midst. He lives through you.

    ReplyDelete