Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New layout!

Hey friends, family, parishioners, folks I don't know, and whoever else is reading this!

Over the last couple of months I have been seeking a way to make this blog more interesting while, at the same time, keeping up on content. Sermons are particularly tricky, because they don't get very many page views (I can see why: I'd much rather experience a sermon in person than read it online... and if I don't want to read it why would you?). So, I've been searching to find a balance. Creating a second blog for sermons only was an option, but that too seemed a little silly. Finally, I settled on a dramatic layout shift.

Thanks to some nice upgrades in blogger the "dynamic" layouts should allow for better viewing. I also have a new policy: for sermon-posts there will be no images; for other posts there will always be an image. That way you can easily differentiate between sermons and non-sermons on the main blog page. A few other things may change. I took down the book review tab and I'll be looking to add another tab at some point but not until I know what I want up there.

Anyway, I hope you continue to find your way over to this page, and I'm always looking for advice/suggestions on how to make it better.

Thanks,
Frank


No comments:

Post a Comment